We will need to operate in a very different way in order to protect customers and staff. This aims to :
- minimise customer traffic
- maximise space between between customers & customers and customers & staff
- minimise contact with surfaces
Please do not come to Jars of Clay if you, or anyone in your household, feel unwell, have a cough or are sneezing or have other symptoms that could be coronavirus.
- For inside you will need to reserve a table for a specified time. Bookings may currently be made by phone 01394 460948, by request on Facebook Messenger or email (number of people, number of people painting, your mobile number and email and your preferred time of morning, lunchtime or afternoon): we will then confirm back to you. Your table will be reserved for an hour and a half from the time we give you. Inside tables may only be booked for family or bubble groups. Outside tables may be booked on the day if the weather is fine and if tables are available (they belong to The Tavern who are kindly letting us use them so may not be available on a Saturday). Outside tables may be for up to 6 people who may be from different households. In the event of adverse weather conditions, customers cannot seek shelter indoors unless there is a table free at that time and they are in a family or bubble group.
We are staggering all the bookings to help with social distancing so we would be grateful if you would arrive at your reserved time and wait at the front entrance until we show you to your table. Sanitizer gel will be available for your use on arrival. All tables and chairs will be cleaned between bookings.
We will still serve hot and cold drinks and cakes but Jars of Clay will currently, predominantly, be for those who wish to paint. There will be a £3.50 studio fee for each painter (this will be waived if baby prints only are being taken).
- Waterwipes will be issued to all painters before painting, instead of hand-washing, in order to reduce movement in the building and use of the toilet facilities.
- It would be beneficial if you could look at our range of ceramics available on the website (in the shop section) before you arrive to minimise customer traffic in the shop. Once you have chosen your ceramics we will transfer them to your table for you.
- We will dispense the paint colours of your choice into a small pot for your table and then ask that you transfer some to your own palette with the craft stick provided. You can ask for the pot to be topped up if needed. This will be placed on a service table nearby for you to help yourself.
- Refreshments in the form of hot and cold drinks, cakes and scones will be available to order and will be served on a service table nearby for you to help yourself.
- All our glazes are water based and easily washed from clothing however, if you wish your child to wear an overall, you will need to bring your own with you.
- Baby foot or hand prints - we are still happy to help with these. We will, of course, wash our hands just before we do the prints and will wear a mask/visor for this which will need to be kept to the minimum amount of time possible. We ask that you provide your own mask for whoever will hold the baby whilst this is done.
- Painted ceramics may be left on your table when you have finished and we will move them.
One loo and our baby changing facilities will be available for use but we ask that you accompany all children when using these facilities;
Our usual supply of books and toys will not be available for the time being, so please bring items to entertain your children if required. Children will need to remain in their seats and will not be able to run around the shop unaccompanied as has happened previously. Customers may politely be asked to come back another time if their children are not able to remain seated.
Face masks may need to be worn when moving around the studio, according to the current guidelines, but may be removed when seated at the table. Feel free to use your own gloves and/or hand gel.
We ask that you observe social distancing guidelines whilst with us and that you bear in mind that some people may be more nervous than you about being out.
Thank you for your cooperation and support and we are really looking forward to the sound of happy people and fun at Jars of Clay again!
Staff are having to adapt to these huge changes so please bear with us at this time.
Tables and chairs will be cleaned between each booking. Front door handles and the loo facilities (toilet, flush, basin, taps, baby changing table, door handles) will be cleaned between morning, lunchtime and afternoon sittings. Our Covid-19 Risk Assessment may be viewed in store.